Monday, January 21, 2013

Hiking at Oak Mountain


This is somewhat of an annual hike for me and the boys, and I just love being out with them.  We took a quick stop to Bojangles for our packed lunch, and I could not believe how much these boys could eat after hiking.  We first made the 0.5 mile trek to the wildlife rescue center, where we didn't get to see much, but did get to see a Kesterel ?? I think is what the lady is holding.  After this hike, we drove up the mountain to Peavine Falls.



The hike down to Peavine is on a pretty big track most of the way, but the boys would run ahead of me everytime they saw a bench, because they knew I would not stop for them to rest.  :)  We finally made it to the top of the falls, then down to the bottom.  It was a really fun hike.  We were able to find a place to cross, then climbed the steep mountain back instead of taking the path.  Nice to sit at the bottom of a waterfall eating some Bojangles...or what was left of the Bojangles.





No comments: