Friday, March 28, 2008

Bad Medicine


Well, we finally got the kid's playset put together, and last Friday morning Sam was "helping" me put the finishing touches on it. Both of us were suffering from the severe amounts of pollen in the air, constantly wiping our noses. But I felt bad for Sam, and thought he had not taken his medicine that morning. I told him to go inside and tell his mama to give him his nose medicine. A few moments later, he comes back out and is coughing and gagging. Immediately panicked, I jumped down from the fort and found a white substance all over his mouth. He told me he had gotten his medicine...so I quickly ran with him inside and set him down and told him to show me what medicine he took. He walked me straight to the Hydrocortosone cream we sometimes use as "medicine" for other sores. So note to others...don't tell 2 1/2 year old to get his own medicine, and a mouthful of 1% Hydrocortosone cream is OK per the Poison Control Center.

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

I am laughing out loud! Hee, hee. Glad he's safe!