Thursday, May 1, 2008

ALWAYS take the stroller


I had taken the boys with me to my Dr. appointment yesterday and they did well considering we were in the waiting room for an hour. During our wait Sam got up in my lap with the sweetest and sincerest look on his face and said "Sam is so sad" I asked why and he said "Mom is sick?" Then when we went into the exam room, he was sitting in the stroller at my feet and I kept feeling little kisses on my feet. He was really worried about his mom :)
After our appointment I ran down to the mall. There was one dress I wanted to get b/c I got a coupon in the mail. I got out of the car with the goal of walking to that store and back. So I thought, I could SAVE TIME by not using my stroller this one time. You probably all know what a pain it is to get a stroller out every time you stop the car and since I was in a hurry...... I think I went wrong when I thought "Hey, Sam loves escalators and he never gets to ride on them b/c we always have THE STROLLER" SO we walk toward the ESCALATOR. Sam is so excited that he jumps right on with no trouble, but with the momentum from jumping he falls forward trying to also run up the moving stairs. He scrapes up his leg and lies down screaming. I realize that there is no way I am going to make this better in time to walk him off of the escalator, and I can't put Davis down to pick him up. So with one arm I swing my second screaming son on my other hip. We walk off the escalator and ironically sit him on the stroller rental counter to check his boo boos. I end up carrying both children across the mall and receive many looks of laughter and where's her stroller. I finally make it to the store only to find that there wasn't a dress in my size.

1 comment:

Cude said...

Great picture and the new design is really cool too!