Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Earning A Mother's Day




Last week was the week before Mother's Day and it was a rough one. I had a recipe book that I was finishing up and printing, a 3 yr. old birthday party to plan which included 2 other birthday boys and two other mothers to satisfy, potty training, a sugar high, 2 molars, and continuous fighting.

The boys were going crazy and fighting all week and I couldn't figure out what was different. I kept attributing it to the recipe book that required a lot of phone and computer time. On Wednesday night, after class, at church Sam's teacher came and asked me what I had fed Sam. Everything clicked right when she said that. Sam's incentive this week for going to the potty was a piece of candy, and it was working. He had no accidents while at home, which meant he had lots of CANDY. Which led to energy that he had no control over. He ended up banging on the table and hollering in class, which is the opposite of what he normally does. At home he was banging on Davis' head.
Davis (when not being bothered by Sam) was sitting in the floor crying for no reason, or so I thought. One time, while crying, I picked him up and turned him upside down in my lap only to see 2 MOLARS breaking thru his gums. I thought no wonder he has been So Fussy!
It took me the first three days of the week realize what was going on and the last three to finish everything up and help Sam come off of his sugar high and rub Davis down in oragel! By the party on Sat. everything was planned and we had fun, but Sunday afternoon we all 4 crashed for a few hours!

No comments: