Friday, September 11, 2009

Discipline

Sometimes those boys have a little too much fun during bathtime. They have recently been “accidentally” spilling lots of water out of the tub and onto the floor. I have tried various things to make them stop this liking shortening the bath playtime, taking away toys, and one swat apiece…but they just have so much fun playing together laughing that it is hard for me to really be sincere in their punishment.

Well last night, they ended up with a lot more water than they usually have, and I was busy in the dining room on the computer. I heard them laughing and carrying along, then I heard lots of splashing. Busy at the computer I yelled in to them that they would get in trouble if they were spilling water. “We’re not” they both said.

Finally going in to check on them I found water everywhere…and a little upset at them I decided a new approach. I let the water out and went back to our bedroom to speak with Magan. I usually dry them off and help them get ready for bed, but tonight I was just going to leave them in an empty tub with no towel to stay warm. I let Magan know about this decision and as we spoke about our days, we began to hear laughing and cackling and loud noises coming from the bathroom.

I looked down the hallway to the bathroom to see two shiny red bottoms that had gotten out of the tub, and were now leaned over the tub rolling a ping pong ball all over the tub. They seemed to think this was hilarious, and apparently had no problems with any chills as they started chasing each other around the living room naked. Oh well…you choose your battles, and those kids are just too funny for me to win that one.

No comments: