Friday, July 17, 2009

Six Flags with the Guys

I wanted to write this brief blog about my guy’s day out with Dad, Colby and John. We took a day and went to Six Flags over GA. Apparently my Mom heard that I was the kid of the group, and I really felt like it. I had not been on roller coasters like this in 10 years and wanted to run from ride to ride.

Goliath was probably my favorite, and we were able to ride it three times. The wooden coasters about killed my back, and John nearly gave me a black eye as his elbow came crashing down on the Georgia Cyclone. Our Superman picture shows me cracking up on that ride, the thrill of an inverted loop while laying on your back and feeling the G forces was amazing.

Notes for future reference…Do not squat too low on the Georgia Scorcher (roller coaster that is ridden standing up), this leaves you either killing your knees trying to stand up or uncomfortably jarring key areas if you lift your feet…Do not raise hands while on Georgia Cyclone (see near miss above from John)…Do not underestimate the amount of water that can be shot out of the canons towards your raft on the thunder river ride…Raise your feet up out of the bottom of the raft while waves of water crash over you and your brother’s back…If Colby starts giggling in line for a ride, slide upwind quickly... If John starts giggling in line for a ride, find where Colby is and slide upwind quickly.

In the end, we had a great day. Great weather and all the rides we could handle. But while the rides were great, it was the conversation on the ride there and back, the laughs throughout the day, the smile on my Dad’s face just as big as his boys on the Goliath, that made it a day that I will not soon forget.

No comments: