Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas with the Junkin's

Christmas 2011 fell on a Sunday, and we were able to make it up for lunch at MawMaw's house. It was a great meal as usual, and a great time to visit with everyone.















A couple of pictures from around the house during Christmas...





And for our last Christmas get together for the year, we traveled to Granny and Grandaddy's house.



























Colby was showing off the hamburger patties...I mean red velvet cookies...at least Granny didn't burn them. :)


Funny story about Sam that happened on this visit...I happened to notice Sam come out of the bathroom and start looking around like he was lost. I went to him and asked him if he was looking for something. Sam being shy whispered in my ear that Granny did not have any soap. Having been in the restroom earlier, I told him that there was soap right by the sink. We both walked back into the bathroom and I pointed the soap out to him. He said "Where?" Somewhat impatiently, I said "It is right there by the sink". He replied with some frustration "Where? I don't see it".

And that is when I realized that my son had no idea what a block of soap looked like. I just started laughing as I went to the sink and explained how some people don't use soap from bottles or hand sanitizer to wash their hands...they actually use this little block of soap. At this point, he gave me his little grin letting me know he understood, and decided that he could wash his hands "old school" at Granny's. This cracks me up when I think about it...




Davis and Ben were best friends this day, and you couldn't separate them for anything.

No comments: