Friday, September 28, 2012

Date Night

Magan and I are BIG fans of Mike Birbiglia (www.birbigs.com) and we were super excited to actually get a date night while his movie was still playing.  Luckily we found the one theater in Birmingham that was playing "Sleepwalk with Me" (www.sleepwalkmovie.com) in Crestwood.   We got to the theater late, so we knew that we could not go to any of the "sit-down" restuarants, so when we saw a "Wings and Waffles", I had to try it.  

I've got a friend at work that told me about Gladys Knights Chicken and Waffles restaurant in Atlanta, and said it was awesome.  I told him that I had never heard of that combination, and he informed me that it was a "black thing".  Well, now that I've had Wings and Waffles, I will tell you it is a "white thing" too.  The wings were sooo good.  Spices were awesome.  And the waffle, hot and brushed with melted butter, wasn't too shabby either.  Now Magan on the other hand, who was probably thinking more along the lines of a salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden, was not as excited about her chicken fingers and fries.




But we did both enjoy the movie, even though the theater was a little outdated and had a terrible sound system.  The movie was funny, and because it was based on some true life events...even funnier.  Back at home after our date, Magan even made me some Apple Julep (part apple juice, part orange juice, part pineapple juice, whole sorts of goodness) which I am drinking right now.  OK, mini-sessions are over...mouse story may or may not come later...another date night tonight at one of our favorites Stones Throw Restaurant in Mt. Laurel.  

No comments: