Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor day @ Aunt Carol's

I think this is becoming a tradition to get together at Carol's for Labor Day Lunch, and judging from the enormous amounts of Delicious food that was available, I hope it continues for a long long time.  This was a good chance to visit with family, and rest outside for awhile.  Carol and Troy have really fixed up their back yard, and it is like walking through one of the design show backyards...the ones AFTER they fix it up.  










And nothing says Labor Day like shooting off a rocket.  We have not shot any rockets off since last year, and I had recently purchased some new engines, so I brought it along for all the cousins to watch.  Now rocket launches are fun to watch, and even more fun to try and catch the rocket as it falls back to Earth with its parachute.  BUT, when a rocket is traveling about 800 feet in the air, and the wind is blowing, the rocket catching sometimes does not go as planned.  We shot the rocket, then ran to catch the rocket, then saw it drift over the neighbors yard, over the neighbors house, into the large soybean field, then really far into the large soybean field....Well, the pictures show that I got it, but I can't say I felt real good jumping through that many beans to find the rocket.  Luckily the parachute is black and white and easy to see when in the midst of  green.






No comments: