Friday, April 3, 2015

Spring Break Weekend II - Stone Mountain

And the next day back at one of our favorite places to go...Stone Mountain Park.  We set up camp at the Residence Inn in Gwinnett County, GA, which was only about a 20 minute drive the next morning to the park.  And Magan and I had one of those perfectly planned days that just worked out everywhere we went.  Pretty awesome.  We got into the "Skyhike" first thing, and were the 6th ones in line...the rest of the day, this was an hour wait.  We then went over to take the trolley (??) to the top of the mountain, no line.   Later ate lunch, and jumped on the train...no line, and walked up to the 4 D movie theater...NO WAIT.  Beautiful day also.  
 




While me and the boys were climbing around on the skyhike, we got to look over and see this cute little Ruby face, as her and Belle were playing on the smaller kids area.






On the top of the mountain, right after the picture of the kids together, Davis sneezed, and no lie, a 4 inch snot trail came out and clung to his nose.  He was dramatically trying to get a tissue, so Magan and I just tried to catch this for the blog.  Aggravated, but maybe one day he will think it was as funny as I did. 








Sam is the only one of us that went all the way to the fence.  I stayed way back, and had to even zoom in to get him at the fence.  Just this close, my toes were curled up almost as tight as my butt cheeks.  Man, my stomach is tight right now just thinking about standing here.  I hate heights. 










This was our first time to play the putt putt course, and I have learned that this is no longer fun for a 35 year old.  Kids, be happy for anytime you were getting to play putt putt, as this is really not something your mom or dad really want to do.  :)  Now if they could go back to old school putt putt where geometry and skill could be used, I am all on board, but alas a game of true skill was abandoned in favor of a mindless string of holes decorated with a theme and spotted with obstacles that aren't even used in any way to assist with skill.  Kids had fun tho!  Sam and I got one hole and one.  Davis had one that he had to show me how close he got. 





After ice cream, we hit the great big barn, which has to be about the coolest play area for kids that I have ever seen, then the splash area.  Great fun day.  Used the GPS to get us to a PaPaJohns on the way back to the hotel. 







No comments: