Friday, June 5, 2015

Campout at Oak Mountain - Part 2

On Thursday of the week, we finally got to take the kids to the beach area.  It is a really nice area, and shallow for a large portion allowing Ruby to enjoy.  But where she enjoyed for almost the whole day was on her momma.  Sam enjoyed the day with us that morning, the Davis joined later in the evening as me and Sam went to camp (I walked with Sam on Wed/Thurs and Davis on Mon/Fri).  For lunch on this Thursday, Magan sent me back to the camper for the easy task of cooking some macaroni and cheese.  OK, so I have no kitchen skills whatsoever, unless I'm making breakfast.  And I brought the pot of M&C back to the swimming area where we ate lunch at a nearby picnic table.  Magan and Belle were nice, but immediately starting talking about the weird bad taste of the M&C.  Sam and I just ate it and didn't complain...I had brought some ham and bacon to help flavor it.  Then through a series of questions in my food preparation, magan realized that I did not drain the macaroni...which apparently gives it a nice pasta flavored water kick.  Oh well, next up for me is minute rice. 
 
At the beach, Belle found friends, Sam searched for fish/shells...difficult because he wasn't wearing his glasses, Davis snorkeled...and was difficult to locate because he was always underwater, and Ruby...she just slept on her momma.    
 



















So even tho out in the woods, we were very close to civilization, and made many trips into town.  The kids even made it to Krispey Kreme on free donut day.  We had another fire and night of smores.  This time we left the fire going for poor Sam who didn't get home till 9 each night.  But he and I had a good time roasting some marshmellows together. 







I can't remember which night it was, but we woke up to a large crash.  Walking to the hallway, we found Sam standing and not knowing what had gone on.  He had apparently fallen from the top bunk, crashed THROUGH the pack and play (You can see how bad it is broke below), and Ruby never made a peep.  Probably because the super loud white noise machine.  We got Sam back into his bunk, then thought that unwise and moved him to the couch in the living room area. 

Hallway, Living Room Area...HaHa...we were really roughing it this week.  But we all had so much fun, and can't wait to do it again.  I drove the camper back to Cullman, and think I'm ready for the next camping vacation.  We've already called dibs on the camper for this first week of June next year.  Thanks to Granny and Granddaddy for letting us borrow it. 




This little squirrel was usually waiting for me back at the campsite after dropping Davis off. 



Do I even have to say that Crafts were Sam and Davis' favorite part of camp?





The Davis monster eating a tree. 


No comments: