Friday, June 12, 2015

Our Night with Garth

So I don't get a chance to surprise Magan too much, but she had been asking about this concert and hinting she wanted to go since it was announced.  I just kept putting it off for awhile, and finally decided to get some tickets.  I lined up a babysitter, and had the surprise all lined up...until she started making plans for her June photo sessions, and asked about this Friday night.  I quickly told her, NO, that is a date night that I have planned for us.  She was excited, but a little questioning when I wouldn't tell her what we were doing that night.  So then on the way home from Cullman the week before, we passed the BJCC and after seeing the sign for the Garth concert she said "June 12th, that is the night of our date night, right"...She probably figured it out earlier, but this forced my hand, and I let her know we would be there. 
 
So at the concert, I saved the last surprise.  When buying tickets, I could not find any together except for the nosebleed section.   And that just would not do for my wife.  So I found her the closest seat to the stage that I could find, then placed myself somewhere else in that same section, figuring that surely, I could just stand next to her if no seats were available.  So we just decided to wing it, and when we were told we needed to move, we moved up a row, then two rows, then another row, then we were at row 2 for the remainder of the concert.  Awesome seats!  And the highlight came as Garth was walking around the back of the stage...I was filming Magan and he saw the picture being taken, he stopped and leaned in for the picture.  So cool, then Magan turned to see him pointing at her and waving.  I am pretty sure he was wishing he was me at that moment, cause Magan was looking good.  :) 
 
Loved hearing Magan tell the story of how much Gary and Judy loved the concert when they saw Garth 18 years ago in B'ham.  I loved watching her smile so much at this concert.  Concert was great, but that smile makes it all worthwhile. 
 
And after the concert, I almost lost Magan.  We had heard horror stories of it taking 2 hours to get out of the parking deck across from the BJCC, so we ran out the doors, and down the many stairs of the BJCC.  Magan did not look to well, but she also did not want to get stuck it traffic so she lead the way, and magically found every place to run where no one else was.  Then came the parking deck, and I decided the stairs would be the fastest way to our car on deck #3.  Her pace had slowed, and breathing was not good, but up we went.  And I was holding the door on #3 when I heard her voice struggle to ask someone down at #2..."Is this NOT number 3?".  But she made it, and we were out of the deck and back on 280 within 20 minutes. 

 











No comments: