Friday, April 15, 2016

Marching Around the House

So first...a few random stories of the last few weeks.
 
Magan was apparently jamming out to some Nirvana the other day in the van, and had it turned up just a little not thinking that the kids were paying any attention.  I believe it was the song Lithium that was playing and the main chorus started repeating "I killed you, I'm not gonna crack".  After the third repeat, she thought she might need to turn that down, and as she did, she heard Davis say to Sam "Well, that was pretty harsh".
 
Reading to the kids about the Indians on the prairies with the Little House books,  we have read about how scary they were to the Ingalls family.  Belle was acting scared, and trying to sooth her, Davis said "Don't worry Belle, Indians don't exist anymore".  :)  Taking that story a bit further, I shared that they do "continue to exist", and they are a part of our family.  We explained that Nanny was part indian.  That's when Davis got a big smile and knowing eyes, starting shaking his head yes, then he said "So that's why I am so good at bow and arrows".  :)
 
Belle told us we needed to "back forward" the DVD the other day trying to get to a previous screen.  And Davis looked in shock as we passed a store that sold hand dipped ice cream..."You mean they use their hands to get the ice cream out".  Funny stuff.  
 


















This was the boys first try with the whittling knives from the Easter bunny, and I was super impressed.  I am going to try and let them build on those skills.  Pretty Cool snowmen.  Both carved these in one day out of some small pieces of basswood. 




So a questionnaire for cub scouts below...One I liked was the response to what are you going to do when you get older...Sam replied "I am going to LIVE"


Below is a picture of Pissist Belle...Princess Belle.




And these girls were the cutest on this day when Sam, Davis and I were busy laying out new pinestraw.  I heard Belle and Ruby screaming supergirl as they ran to the swings. 




No comments: