Saturday, November 19, 2016

Auburn Game

So this has typically been a tradition to hit one Auburn game each year and usually with Granddaddy, but this year the game got pushed back, and the temperature was butt cold, and anyway...long way for granddaddy that was preaching the next day.  But me and Sam and Davis all mentioned many times how we wish he was with us, and how it felt weird without him there.  Missed you granddaddy.
 
But we followed all of granddaddy's rules and parked in the same lot.  We then hit up Mama Goldbergs for lunch, where I introduced the boys to Mama's Love.  And they fell in love with Mama.  We had a good time visiting some of the sights, playing in the fan area, then Sam wanted to go to Toomer's corner, and I had no idea how to get there.  To my surprise, Sam said he knew the way, and he did...he took us right where we needed to go, telling me that granddaddy had taken us that way.  He obviously paid more attention than I did.  We found some friends from church on one of the fields and played football with them a bit before the game started. 
 
And now with gloves, long sleeves, pull overs, and tobaggins on...and the sun only just now going down, I knew we were in for a cold night.  After entering the stadium, we climbed high into the jet stream about 10 rows from the top of Jordan Hare, and nearly froze to death during the first quarter.  Goofballs Sam and Davis still got a frozen lemonade both and were eating that as they froze.  thinking there was NO WAY I could make it through the game at this temperature, we made our way down with the other Scouts that were there (Did I mention it was scout day, and we got in for $5/each) to the Student section where they were all already gone for the Thanksgiving holidays.  And while still cold, inside the bowl of Jordan Hare was easily about 10 degrees warmer than up in never never land of the upper deck.  And by the end of the game, we were on the front row getting high fives with Aubie.  So we stayed till the bitter cold end, but it was worth it to see that little Dave's smile on the front row.  All of us hungry as we left the stadium shortly after 10...so what do you do...You go after more of Mama's Love...that's right we hit up Goldbergs once more. 
 
And two side notes to remember...
1. One of our neighbors was there as he is good buddies with Davis and also a webelo scout.  I thought that was great because Davis and Dylan could sit together and watch game, but as I turned trying to find Dave, he was not with Dylan, he was two rows behind us with Dylan's older sister taking selfies together.  Dear me, this boy.
2. And driving home that night from Auburn, I was following the GPS, and it obviously had some crazy issues, as at one point it took me through a subdivision in on the outskirts of Auburn.  I could hear a big smile on Davis' as he excitedly asked me "Dad, Are we going to Riley's house?".  Sam responded before I could, thinking about another webelo Scout named Riley, and said "Davis, Riley lives in Chelsea".  Davis quickly replied with a line and delivery that seemed straight out of a John Cusack 80s film..."Sam, there is more than one Riley".  That's when I realized he was thinking about a cute young girl in his bible class that often visits from Auburn.  Dear me, this boy.  
 













No comments: