Thursday, August 23, 2018

North Carolina

So, I had a rare opportunity to visit another nuclear site this year in North Carolina.  I was there for 2 weeks and while hating to be away from the kids, I try to enjoy the places my job allows me to go.  The beaches were amazing in this small city of Southport 45 minutes south of Wilmington.  I told everyone there how amazing this place was, and how lucky they all are to get to work in this area...and as I write this 1 month later, they recently went thru a Cat 1 hurricane that flooded the area. 
 
I also had fun with the kids finding a "shell family".  There was a shell for all of us, and the shell family ended up riding in the car with me, watching cartoons on the tv, swimming in the bathroom, riding in the seat next to me on the plan, and well...they were fun to share with the kids. 
 
Also had my first taste of Escargo...and had an excellent tour of the USS North Carolina docked in Wilmington.  
 

















No comments: