Thursday, August 30, 2018

Chris Jansen...and some other folks

DATE NIGHT!  Lisa came over to watch the kids, so Magan and I decided to go see Chris Janson.  Magan had texted me earlier that week while I was in NC asking if I was interested.   I said sure, and her response was not believing me...how could I not want to go out with my beautiful bride.  But when I went to purchase the tickets that were on sale for $15...they were no longer on sale, but now were $35.  So we had a nice dinner, then went to Regions field with no tickets...because I was thinking we could just scalp some...then at the park there were NO scalpers...How do you have a concert or any event without tickets available down on the street corner?  What has happened in this country?  Probably something Trump did... 
 
Anyway, the concert was about the start, and I told Magan "let me walk around one more time and see if anyone has any tickets".  Then I saw a lady asking someone else if they needed tickets.  Knowing that I was in need, I ask the lady if I could purchase hers...and she said she could sell them for $10/each.  Boo Yah!  Turned my date night into an awesomely cheap date night. 
 
Anyway, we had a great time.  We saw Jordan Davis, then Chris Jansen.  Chris is one that we saw in Nashville at the Opry, and he was really good, and his full concert was great.  Songs are country cheesy, but his stage presence is about as good as you can get.  I tried to catch a picture of Magan waving her cell phone during his ballad "Drunk Girl", but it was too dark.  Then the head liner was Jake Owen.  And he was...well he sang some typical songs with a typical sound...even rhymed Sheila with Tequilla at one time...ehhh...we left early.  I am sure we will try and catch Chris Janson again sometime...his portion was really fun.  
 








No comments: