Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Wrestling with Dave

So this happened, Davis is now wrestling for the Chelsea Middle School team, and he loves it.  Never even a sport that I ever thought about, but he came home one day as they mentioned the season was about to begin saying I want to join.  I suggested he go to some practices and see if he would really like it, and picking him up after practice I learned that he had the breath knocked out of him twice, and he still loved it.  So we signed him up, with easily the most expensive sport we have experienced thus far.  And now he has practice every day, and even got a pin in his very first match ever.  

Magan is mad that I can't seem to capture the videos very well.  It is a long night during the wrestling meets...about 3 hours to see Davis wrestle for about 2 minutes, but it is quite exciting...at times.  Davis lost his next two matches, but on his third shown in the pictures against the guy in red from Thompson  Middle, Davis almost got pinned in the first round, then flipped the guy in the second round for a quick pin.  I was so glad to get a copy of the school video, because his double fist pumps when he won was so great to watch (but again, my camera messed up)...and I don't think I have ever seen him smile so big when he came back to his team and looked up at me.  I am proud of my new wrestler.  His coach tells him he needs to get more aggressive...which is funny because he told me tonight that he was wrestling a guy a little smaller than him in practice, and it was hard slamming him down, because he was afraid he would hurt him.  












No comments: