Saturday, March 6, 2021

Granny turns 60

 So Granny turns 60, and this is her surprise birthday party.  I am thankful that I have a sister that remembers things like this, places significance upon it, and then actually plans an event for it.  And until a mysterious spa text was sent, the surprise was maintained, but I think the whole family was surprised it even made it that far...as you know who was planning it...she can't keep a surprise for too long.  ;)  Katie did a great job with the planning, and helped capture many of these pictures of granny with little me.  Even one picture below with Granny in the swing that I was slowly being created into the perfect son of her womb. 

We did find one below of John wearing one of his Auburn jerseys when he still wore that mullet he had from junior high.  I often tell my kids that my bad jokes I get from my Dad, but my craziness and goofiness are spot on from my Mom.  I remember high pitched noises in the morning then poking to wake us up, I look back upon some fun Easter mornings with a hunt for the baskets, I remember reading over and over our original blog photo albums with funny things to help us remember the trip.  All things carried on with slight twists here and there, but they are all Granny, or as I earlier called her Mom, or as I initially called her Momma.  

The party was excellent, and wonderful day with the family.  I do feel a little bad for calling John out on the sad and sentimental talk about Granny.  Of course it was a great talk, but inner nature is to attempt to make situations lighter.  And tears come alot easier in my old age, so I avoid those situations when possible.  Glad I don't have another sister to get married.  And when my girls get married, I am going to be a wreck.  It is in those moments I will need everyone to make light of the moment, and help me through it.  Aunt Jan and Aunt Carol were able to join us on this day, and while I know Granny was happy, I haven't seen them in so long, so I was happy to have them there too.  

Happy Birthday Granny!  It was great to see your smile...your "surprised" face...and just get to hang out with my goofy fun momma for a Saturday.  




































No comments: