Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sometimes We Just Don't Have The Answer

It was nap time and Davis was crawling out of that water as fast as he could :)

I just got home from going to the zoo with 2 of my sisters and between us we had 6 kids. It was soooo much fun, but my little Sam (who I keep thinking of as the BIG brother, instead of my 3 yr. old) has recently started getting really nervous around a lot of kids and teachers in Bible class that he doesn't know very well.
I think it is his being aware of things more than he used to be. It is a struggle for us as parents, b/c we don't know if it is something he will grow out of or something that we should try to help him through. I know that he has his own personality, I just don't know if social skills are something we need to try to develop, or if trying to force him into something like that would be more harmful than helpful.
We have a Dr. appointment for Davis tomorrow to look at his feet to make sure they aren't turning outward to much. Which is another concern for us as parents right now. He is almost 18 mo. and still not walking. I am going to see what she thinks about Sam as well. So if you can, say a little prayer for us. We want to do what is best for them. I know we shouldn't worry, but sometimes it is really hard to remember that.
I was listening to one of those country songs (country almost always makes me cry)
The one about "One Day You'll Miss This" I started crying of course when it talked about having one kid crying and the other one screaming while she was on the phone, and that is ME most days. I know that I will miss this sooooo much when Davis' little arms aren't short and fat and wrapped around my kneck while his little hand pats me on the back. I know I will miss Sam talking nonstop and crawling in my lap with a smile saying you're a "dirl" and "I like you momma". I LOVE those little boys soooo much!

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

Magan,
I am SOOOO with you on that one! I cry at that song, too! It's good to remember that these trying times aren't forever. A few weeks ago MW asked to take a shower and shampoo her hair all by herself. All the sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks...I won't ALWAYS have to give her a bath. I won't always have to wash her hair. For whatever reason, I just sort of didn't realize I won't always have to bathe her and brush her teeth for her, etc. There really will come a day when I will long for those bath times, etc. Thanks for reminding me!