Friday, December 18, 2009

Car problems, Bad decisions, and a cute little gal named Anabelle!!


November 30th, 2009 began early in the morning for me and magan. We were supposed to be at Brookwood at 6:30 AM for an induction. It was a nasty morning with that mist that just seems to never go away. Granny and Granddaddy were staying at our house taking care of the boys while we left for the hospital. We got in my Explorer to leave and the car would not crank…would not even turn over…so I quickly run to wake Granny up to get the keys to Granddaddy’s truck so I can jump my explorer off. All went well and we made it to Brookwood in plenty of time. We parked at the labor and delivery emergency parking lot and loaded all of the stuff in our room. I then went back out to the car to move it to the main hospital parking lot…and it would not crank. The batter cable connectors had cracked and were no longer making a connection. So I called AAA to see if they could help.

Meanwhile in the Hospital room, the doctor had broken magan’s water and labor had initiated. I received the call from AAA that they were outside and then began making bad decisions. AAA was able to get the car cranked again, and then told me where a Goodyear shop was where I could get the cables repaired. I looked at my watch (8:30 AM) and thought “Wow, I’ve got plenty of time, and I’m really not doing much but sitting right now, so I guess I will just go get the car fixed this morning”. I mentioned this brilliant idea to magan, who shrugged and said “ok” in a tone that I later interpreted as “You’re doing what?”, but currently only interpreted as “ok”.

I then left the hospital…and yes, my wife in labor…to get the car fixed. And as I pulled into Goodyear, told them the issue, and was instructed to “sit and wait, we will get to it shortly”, I realized that time had not stopped because I was having a baby today. I think that I had forgotten that other people would also be getting their car serviced today, I just assumed that my car was the most important, and I needed it quick.

At 10:00 AM, when magan called my cell phone number, I was beginning to realize that this was not a good decision, because now my car would not crank, and I was stuck at Goodyear. But she only called to ask where I was and that she was at 4 cm, would I be back soon? Luckily the fact that I mentioned my wife was in labor helped push my car to the top of the list and I was able to be back in the car (with repaired cables) by 10:15…and back to the hospital shortly afterwards.

Easily made it back in time as Miss Anabelle Ottriss Rene’ Junkin joined us around 12:05 PM. Ok, no more writing…here are some of the pics of our little girl.









No comments: