Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas at Granny's

After a fun Christmas morning at our house, we loaded up the kids and to Granny's house we went.  As usual, this was a fun event, and the house is getting more and more crowdeded with all these kids.  Wyatt and Ruby got to play together for awhile.  Luke was not feeling very well.  Colby was very impressed with his "butt bomb" in the picture behind John and Shay...or was it "bum flash"...I don't know what it was, but it funny enough to be included in this blog that will be kept for my children.

Plus Uncle Colby left me with two good stories that I will always remember from this dinner.  I will not tell the stories here as they are his and good ones, but a prompt for any to ask Colby the following:  1.  Does he know any Blacks in Cullman?  and 2.  Does he always bring his hoe to church?  I know from the fragments of food left in front of Magan after these stories that she also thought they were pretty funny.  

Also a little admission as I may have upset Aunt Katie...Holding babies that are...say 0-6 months is not something I really desire to do.  If needed, I am well up to the task, and have experience with this task.  But here lies the question I think not only I, but perhaps other men are often faced with..."Do you want to hold the baby"?  The key word in that question is want.  Women seem to want to do that, yet I...do not seem to want to do that.  I like the baby, I love the babies, I want to interact with the babies.  Babies do not interact at such young ages other than to poop and spit up.  So perhaps the question for me should be formed as a statement if needed..."Would you hold my baby so I can get a picture that appears that you loved my baby enough to want to hold the baby"?  Am I alone here?  

Ruby...if you are reading this, I really love you, but I need you to interact...today at the dentist, you were cooing at me...that is enough.  That made me happy, and I loved it.  That is sufficient, even tho I think the initial act of picking you up was because I felt you didn't want to be stuck in that seat when in fact you may have enjoyed being in that seat...I really don't know because at this point YOU CAN'T TALK.  So now I suppose you can talk and read this, and you can let me know if you would rather be put back into the seat. Or if you have a baby and want me to hold it one day, please see paragraph above for question to ask.  Trust me, your mom will LOVE to hold the baby.  Me...ehhhh...I will LOVE to watch your mom holding the baby.  

Other Christmas at Granny thoughts...I am horrible at Cornhole.   Sam can put those loom things together faster than what I would think is possible.  Put batteries in holiday ornaments for Dad before giving him his present next year.  Dear me, the food was great Granny.  Dave, the camera is not over there.  Melissa, funny faces are cute...on three year olds.  Sam, you found your smile, I like it!  MawMaw, you should try and look happier...don't think you could have...  Anybody else think the Mark Magan baby picture was weird?  OK, Alabama game is on, and a really pathetic game for Alabama, so my commentary was expanded a bit.  Merry Christmas.  

















No comments: