Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cub Haunted Campout

Time for our fall campout, and this year we went back to Camp Sequoyah near Mt. Cheaha.  The last time we did this, I had to make multiple trips from the car to the campsite, and this is a very long way...so I decided to look over the stares of the hard core scouters, and roll into camp with my suitcase.  It was perfect, holds a ton of stuff and rolls.  Sam rigged up both his and Davis' backpacks with belts to help carry any of the extra stuff.  He also brought bungee cords, and when I asked him why, he explained to me how we could use it in the tent to hold the lantern, then showed how to rig it up.  This guy is pure camper, and definitely better at it than me.   Even later that night as Davis and I tossed and turned, that boy never moved...just snored till the morning, woke up refreshed.  








Our group was able to shoot BB guns and Archery on the first day there.    This earns the boys belt loops for this achievement, but they had already earned these at day camp.  So they were old pros at this.  Colby, recognize that hat that Sam likes so much?  We also ran into cousins JT and Rhett at the shooting range.  Neat to see my cousin John Junkin at this campout. I saw JT run past Sam at one point and got the picture below...told them they were cousins, smile like they know each other.   That night after the haunted hay ride, we had a costume contest at the bonfire.

And one way the selected the winner of the costume contest was a dance off...and you wouldn't have thought it, but Sam danced the whole time and Whoopee Cushion got third place.  He was so happy, and won a large bucket of candy.

Later that night, Davis finally lost the tooth that has been so loose for weeks.  He lost it at 4:00 AM, and was nice enough to wake me up to share in his excitement.  I also tried out the propane heater buddy I now own for these cold camping nights, and I like it.  A nice big breakfast in the morning, morning devotional where Davis volunteered to close us out in prayer, then to the crafts area, then we were able to make it back to Chelsea for worship.  Sore back and shoulders, but I always have fun at these things with my boys.








No comments: