Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Visit with Aunt Judy

On our way home from Starkville, we stopped by the old farm in Gordo.  Wow, I realized as I drove up Hwy 159 that I had not come this way in about 20 years.  Sad, as this was a place I remember very well.  I remember fishing with my Pawpaw...shooting a bird with a shotgun that my dad let me shoot...draining the catfish ponds then having some of the best catfish ever...running a little car that someone gave my dad as a joke one Christmas around the chair of a very old man we called granddaddy...and riding a horse (only time ever for this city boy) through the fields to bring the cows in for milking with Ralph Jr.  So many memories, that there was no problem recognizing Aunt Judy's house as I pulled up, showing the boys where the milk barn was, showing them where the little dog I used to love so much was always running around barking, showing them where the empty spot that used to hold the old house where granddaddy and granny used to live.  

We were able to visit with Aunt Judy, Ralph Jr - his children Seth and Jessica, and Nancy's children Amelia and Avery.  Ralph Jr. found a really good photo album that showed granny and granddaddy holding me...a picture of granddaddy's mother (G'ma Tyner) and father (Grandpa "Tom" Junkin)...Picture of MawMaw, PawPaw, Tanya and Tim...My mom and dad's wedding with the Junkins...4 Generations and as Ralph Jr said "Looks like Thomas didn't even know he was supposed to be in that picture, He looks like he was just photobombing you guys"...Dad putting me on my first cow ride, and Ralph Jr. Holding me.

Ralph shared with me how great (much sarcasm) Tanya and Tim got along with one another, and a really funny story about Nancy running over Tera with a motorbike..."Uncle Thomas was NOT very happy".  He said he's got some other stories for next time, if I can get him to share them.  










We visited mainly in the den area that I remember so well from the Christmas' get togethers here.  I even watched Avery and Belle bang on the piano and organ that I used to love to do.  Ralph Jr then took me, Sam, Davis, and Belle out to his new chicken houses.  I didn't think we were going to get Davis to leave.  He would be happy taking care of these animals.  

But it was time to leave as Ruby was still not feeling well.  We left with some good memories, hopes to return in the summer for fishing, and small pieces of chicken manure and bedding that made it back to the carpet here in our home at Chelsea.  










No comments: