Saturday, March 12, 2016

Montgomery Marathon

I was running the Montgomery Half Marathon, and staying at the downtown marriot, the starting line was one block from the hotel.  This was super nice.  Finishing the Half in 2 hours and 3 minutes, I again could not break my goal of 2 hours.  But it was so great to round the corner and look in the Biscuits ball park towards third base and see my whole crew at the finish cheering me on. 
 
Magan told me later about her marathon of getting 4 kids up @ 7:30 am, dressed and ready, then down to the hotel buffet, fed, and out to the finish line by 8:30 am.   And I told her that she wins.  Much more effort on her part.  Especially with a broken plate (Anabelle), An open pack of Honey all over dress (Ruby), and two boys that like to pick on each other.  Oh, and she also had all of the clothes packed and ready to go...haha...pretty amazing. 
 
So after the race was over @ 9:03, we ran back to the hotel, I showered, grabbed bags and were in car heading up to Cullman for Shay's shower by 9:58.  What a day!
 



 







No comments: