Sunday, April 9, 2017

Dad Disney Trip

So it's a tough job, but sometimes it takes you to some fun places.  This is actually my fourth trip to Disney with the company, and always really fun, but this time with three days in the parks, I felt a little spoiled, and Magan let me have it...sending me texts each day  with videos of Ruby asking daddy to take her to Disneyworld...or sitting at the window waiting for me to come home and take her to Disney...Ughhh...So with that in mind, I came hope with LOTS of souvenirs.  Probably doesn't make up for not taking them, but certainly was a lot cheaper.  :) 
 
I am now a passholder, so this was my first use.  Special lines just for passholders now.  I also used Disney's Magical Express that just began to use backstage transportation from EPCOT to Hollywood Studios. 
 
Eating on your own at Disney is always a little weird, but had some good friends in Germany from the local Orlando area and another couple from Ohio.  I also had a fun conversation about the American tipping system, lack of respect for older people, and what's up with Trump...with a couple from the UK (Reggie and ??) during my meal at the California Grill.  They were my favorite to speak with, and I probably should have just moved my table over with them, as we basically talked the whole meal...but I had to leave for a fastpass appointment, and they were staying for the chocolate cake.  Met some strangers, made some friends with a family from Georgia waiting in line for Space Mountain...a nice couple on the Magical Express bus with me from Louisiana that new some of the local churches in Birmingham.  So if you ever find yourself alone at Disney, strike up some conversations with the folks right next to you...you may never know what those Brits think about us. 
 
And some of the random pictures below...monorail stopped just above me on the walk back to the contemporary resort...got a great parking space when eating at the contemporary...yes, I met the characters by myself...window between fantasy land and liberty land is where I have always wanted to stop and eat one day...skip the Moroccan restaurant (not very good)...Guy in case was a bronze statue at the Orlando airport...Belle left me a note at my computer..."We missed you...Here is gum"
 
Souvenir list...Sam (Pin, Monorail Socks, Shirt (too small...now is Davis'), Rice Krispie treat)...Davis (Stitch socks, Pin, RC Test Track Car, Rice Krispie treat)...Belle (Girl Baby Stitch (?), Belle doll, Smashed Penny Holder, RK treat)...Ruby (Alena doll, Anna Doll, chip water cup, RK treat)

 
 










 















No comments: