Friday, April 13, 2018

Sean of the South

A guy at work introduced me to Sean of the South's blog last year, and I quickly became a fan.  I had seen on his website that he would be in Columbiana on this Friday night, but we had plans to be camping with the Cub Scouts.  Well, the campout was cancelled, and unfortunately we could not find a babysitter, but Magan let me go by myself.  "Pickin and Pound Cakes"...A show can't get more southern than that.  Sean played the piano with a group of pickers playing some gospel music, and he told stories in between each song.  It was really fun, and he had the whole crowd both laughing at the stories, and tapping their feet to the rhythm. 
 
He told stories of playing hymn songs in bars, scaring Jehovah's Witnesses off by answering the door naked, and getting a $3.99 haircut.  Funny, Funny stuff.  After some pound cake, I got in line to meet him and he was just the nicest guy.  Very appreciative of my compliments on his writing, and told me how he hadn't played the piano in over a year...you would not have known it.  I also got to speak with his wife (who probably thought I was a facebook stalker...which I guess I was), but she was very nice to speak with.  She is often a part of many of his articles, and I had to tell her how much I loved his "Thank You" card to her.  She was just as country as he speaks of her, and meeting both of them just made my night.  They have some connections to Columbiana, so I hope to see him again next year...and then I can't wait to bring Magan along with me.  And notice the autographed show poster below...I know who is going to have the coolest cubicle and work on Monday.  
 







No comments: