Saturday, February 9, 2019

Mercedes Marathon Weekend

It was a cold cold morning for Davis' first 5K.  Me and him and Sam were running the 5K at 8AM on Saturday morning, while Belle was running the 1 mile at 11:30AM, so we decided the McWane center was a good middle ground.  Me and the boys were out railroad park by 7AM, and the temperature was in the 30s, and there was NO INDOOR area...so we shivered and waited in the cold...you can see the boys handle the cold better than I...I wore my toboggan and gloves the whole time.  I hate the cold...You know Sam...in January and February, your mom and I...
 
Anyway, Davis did quite well, and as we made the last turn, I told him to turn it on, as this was the last stretch, and he did running at an all out sprint (which is not what I recommended), and as he past the first welcome back sign, he soon realized he peaked too early and had about 200 more yards.  So he crashed back into a walk...where we laughed a bit, and then jogged the rest into the finish line.  We finished at 35 minutes and 53 seconds...Sam beat us by about 30 seconds.  After the race we walked the long way to the Boutwell auditorium to enjoy some refreshments and a super delicious chickfila biscuit. 
 
Magan called to let us know she was at McWane, and because we were already too tired, we Ubered over to meet her.  There we got to play a while then I ran off with Belle to her race.  She did well running a mile in about 14 minutes.  It was fun at the new location as I got to give her high fives as she ran by. 
 
After the race we enjoyed some Jim n Nicks BBQ (with the race coupon), then Belle got hair nails done at the salon with Magan, while me and the boys went home to crash.  
 















No comments: