Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Weekend


So this Easter would not have a special Easter service at church, but we still had time to dye some eggs and hide some eggs.  The girls did get to wear some pretty dresses that morning while me and the boys wore our sweatpants to the zoom meeting. This year, the Easter bunny planned a special fun set of clues with various gifts found throughout the hunt.  The girls were also up at 4:30 AM to begin this fun day, but were kind enough to wait till 5:45 AM before waking me and Magan.  I had fun watching them on their journey of clues that led them outside several times (with a flashlight...remember it was 5:45AM), led them into our room in the closet, a quiet peek into the boys room, and even a trip back into their room (The Easter Bunny had visited everyone that night with clues in this easter basket hunt)...and finally to the secret hiding place for their gifts...Mom's photography studio.  The Easter bunny had gotten a couple of games that Ruby could play since she was always getting kicked out of spades and hearts...and the games of stomple and Ticket to Ride have become good games for the whole family. 
 
The Saturday before Easter, we went to what may be the only open green area with a picnic table not roped off in all of Birmingham.  We had a great meal from Margarita grill...where we were able to get Magan's craving...Queso Dip.  Me and the boys practiced our Frisbee golf throwing techniques, then me and the girls did some gymnastics, then we played I Spy, then I tried to "read their mind" and "read their palms" to figure out what they were thinking of...haha, Buby liked the magic I was trying...while Belle just rolled her eyes a bit.  It was a fun time, and then I remember falling asleep on that grass for awhile in the sun.  A good day.  A wonderful weekend. 
 
I also found the Easter Bunny's letter this year...so figured I would attach it below...
 
Hippity Hoppity Easter’s Finally Here!   Hey guys! I hope you like all the treats this year. 
Wow, this is a crazy year, but I am glad you guys are doing well, and quarantined at your house.  It did not bother me, but I am being safe and wearing a cute little bunny mask that one of Santa’s elves made me.  Did you guys know that they are making masks for many of the doctors and nurses?  Oh, and Santa and Mrs. Claus are also doing well, they are used to staying at home in the North Pole for most of the year. 
 
Belle…I heard about that crazy tooth you finally lost.  The tooth fairy told me that she came by your house every night for two weeks thinking it would be out.  I am sorry you are missing your friends during this time, but I have some prizes at the end of this adventure that will hopefully bring some smiles. 
 
Ruby…You are getting so big!  I can’t believe that you are already in kindergarten.  Do you like carrots?  I like carrots…but you guys would not be happy if I just brought carrots…haha…I found some of those candy carrots, how bout those?  I hope you like all the candy, and you will love the surprizes too!
Sam and Davis…You boys are also getting sooo big.  These little baskets just don’t hold all the candy.  Hey, I got you guys a few prizes too, but I am guessing those girls will beat you to the adventure, so they will probably just leave your prizes by your easter baskets.  I hope you guys will use your prizes to have some fun time with your sweet sisters. 
I left some treats for your mom and dad up high on the mantel, they get my leftovers.  And girls…I have hidden 12 eggs in the living room and dining room for you to find.
Ruby and Belle:  To find your prize, you must work together to find each clue.  These clues will lead you on an adventure, but at the end is your prizes.  I hope you can find them!  If you need any help, just wake your dad up, he used to find all the clues I left for him when he was a little boy. 
Clue #1 - This is a place that gets really hot, also where your mamma makes tater tots!  Oh, and I left you a garbage bag for your adventure…heee heee   you might find some prizes on the way!
You guys be good, and I’ll see you next year…
E. B.
PS…As I said before above, I hid a few eggs around the house, but I want to be fair, so Sam and Davis, there are 8 eggs hidden downstairs in the den.  Maybe you can find them while you play your video games. 

 























No comments: