Saturday, February 19, 2022

Davis turns 15!

The kid that has been looking to drive since he was born now has a permit.  I did a lot better this year, my mind seems to finally be taking hold of the 2/19 birthday, after several internal struggles for years with him being born on 2/17.  I was excited to see him open his big present...I had snuck off in Hollywood Studios on our last day and purchased a nice case for his light saber (and another kyber crystal) and had it shipped to the house.  It was fun to see his face as it is harder and harder to surprise him, but he was very happy for the case, and I could finally stop talking him out of buying different wall hangers.  He kept wanting something to display it, but I wanting to surprise him, so I kept pushing off anything he said he wanted on Amazon.  

Happy Birthday Davis, or just hope you are having a good day if you ever happen to read this.  You are often working right across from me now that my desk is here in the dining room.  I like seeing your big smile, hearing you work with others and help them with studies, even tho I often think you are talking to me.  I am continually amazed at how you seem to have an uncanny ability to destroy your dad at Nerdle and Wordl every day.  And sometime over the last 2 or 3 years, you went from struggling in classes to acing almost every one (Yeah, I know Spanish is tough).  It is weird to have to tell you to "Pull Back, You are working way to hard", but you were up till 1AM last night studying for tests again.   And hopefully you are still doing as good as always, but if you are staying up till 1AM for work, "PULL Back, You are working way to hard".  I love you buddy, your balance of immature love of toys and games with super crazy knowledge of how all things work blows my mind, but makes you a pretty cool kid in my book.  I continually ask your mom all the time when you are not there..."How does Davis know about everything?"

I can't wait till our next fishing trip (Maybe I need your Sarcasm Society t-shirt).  And me, mom and Sam are excited about your other big present...a trip to see Nate Bargatze at the Alabama Theater.  












No comments: