So thankful for these weekends when all the kids are back under the same roof. Getting to see Ruby run and give her giant hugs to her big brothers and to Noel, then watching those boys just having a ball back together for a little bit. I know Davis misses Sam not being in Tuscaloosa with him this year, but he enjoys his little time on Tuesdays and Thursdays when he gets to visit with Noel for a little bit on campus.
Magan was excited to cook for her boys and she made some amazing food for one weekend. We had a dinner of mac n cheese, ham, lima beans, brussel sprouts, and cornbread. Then she also made a turnip green soup and a potato soup. So much food for one weekend, but with all the togo plates and bowls we sent with them, it will be feeding them for weeks. We have already heard that Sam's friends at work have been asking how he has a thanksgiving meal every day of the week for lunch. And with all that, I am pretty sure many loaves of banana bread went home with them also.
On Saturday, we broke up into the boys and girls. The girls went to the outlet shops over near Leeds, and did some fun shopping, or at least they seemed to enjoy it. I think I saw some empty 7 brew cups, so I bet those were snuck into this shopping day. And all that fun at Leeds without going to Buccees, strange!
The boys first rescued a little rat snake from our glue trap. It did not have a lot of fight after finally getting it off that trap, and took it awhile to slither away. We all dressed up in our Honduras gear for a day of disc golfing at Inverness. I don't really know why we choose the Honduras gear, but I played along. It was a close game all day, but in the end, Davis beat both me and Sam. And beat us by about 2 or 3 strokes, so he had it in the bag pretty late in the game, and we could not catch up. We got an extra pic at the butt tree, and after Davis got his frisbee stuck in a tree, then Sam saw a huge owl fly right above us and into the tree pictured below. I don't know if any of us had seen an owl that size not in the zoo. It looked like it was just listening to us talk back and forth, then finally flew off when Sam sneezed.
Ruby used her day out with the girls to use her $10 gift card from the Uno tournament she got second place in. And we also found out Saturday night that Sam and Noel have some crazy luck together at Sequence where they basically won every game they played a lot faster than I would have ever thought possible. We kept trying to split them up, but they claimed some sort of newlywed status that prevented that breakup on all board games. The boys did beat the girls in papers on Friday night, but I think it may have just been that they did not count correct, because it seemed like they did better. Everyone had to leave at different times on Saturday to get back to life, but we were happy for one night back together.
















No comments:
Post a Comment