Sunday, September 27, 2026

A Month Full of AHG - Gift Packages, Entrepreneurs, and Kessa's S&S Project

We were very busy with AHG this month, at one meeting packing gift bags for needy children, and working with the PiPas to ear the Entrepreneur badge.   I was excited to get to teach this badge, and the leaders gave me two meetings to get it completed.   In our first meeting the girls got to create some shark tank pitches for businesses they came up with, and in the second meeting, they had an entrepreneur fair where they shared the pitches with the younger Tenderhearts and Explorers.   Each of the Tenderhearts and Explorers were given 3 investment tokens, and allowed to "invest" in whichever pitch they liked the best.   I jumped in on the action, with a pitch for BOHKLE (Brick on Head, Keep Little 4Ever), which was a simple product of strapping a brick on the little girls heads to keep them small and cute, and never having to turn into those PiPas.   I got some laughs from the little girls, which is always the plan, but I did not get much investment.   Belle recreated the "Fantastic Fountain" her team pitched at the Taneyhill meeting earlier in the year, and Ruby joined with Kessa on the "Fabris Freshener" products.   But in the end Jocelyn had a good pitch and a fun business that included stuffed animal back packs, and it won no problem.   Strangely, but super sweet, one little girl must have felt sorry for me, as she gave me a big hug, then dropped one of her investment tokens in my bin.   

This was also the month of 5 workdays for Kessa's Stars and Stripes Award (Eagle equivalent in AHG), and since I am her mentor in this project, we tried to support her wherever we could.   Ruby did really great drilling holes for the structure,  screwing in the braces, and she was a maniac hard worker with the post hole digger.  Belle was loaded up with Show Choir stuff this month, but I know she would have loved helping her friend if she could.   I captured one picture of Belle and Kessa from when they were just toddlers trying to keep up with those big brothers in the cub scouts.   

I am super excited as Kessa will be the first girl in Troop 1720 to achieve this award.    Ruby and I were able to support on one day after school, then while all the girls were in different locations, I was able to be there for the final day when the full swing was constructed at the King's Home location in Chelsea.   I have been on camping trips with Kessa since she was probably 4 years old, and it is fun to have watched her grow into a leader through her AHG journey.   And getting to work with her Granddad, her mom, a little with her brother in this project has made me a big fan of this family.   I love seeing their love for one another.   Just paperwork left, which is a big monster, but we are very close, and I hope to have some pictures of her with the S&S badge by the end of the year.   




































No comments: