Saturday, September 5, 2026

Labor Day with Family

Another good day to visit with family.   We headed up to Cullman, planning to drop me off at Granny's because I would not have a car to get back from Nanny's (There is a fun song here somewhere).   Then Sam called us on our way up and said he would meet us at Nanny's, which thus gave me a ride with him back to Granny's.   It is always fun hanging out with Nanny, sitting around sharing all the crazy stories and getting to her both her and Magan laugh.   After Magan and the girls had to leave for Stephanies baby shower (I think?), Sam and I stayed hanging out with Nanny.   That is when I texted John and Colby about when the gathering was starting at Granny's.   "We are already about to eat" was the reply, so we decided to give Nanny a big hug and rush off to Granny's.

Katie had created a fun activities for the kids to color a picture of Granny (and Granddaddy) house.  There was a fun water baloon battle somewhere in this day as well.   There may have been some pickleball, I know we played one day up there last month.   And all I remember from that day was it was way too hot, and even tho we took a case of waters, they were all gone by the end of the day.   I realize quickly I am not at the level of fitness I used to be, especially when I have to take myself out to sit in the shade till I stop shaking.   

On our way home, we stopped and ate at the Walmart in Gardendale, because that is what cool people do.   Well, it was a fun visit, as in this restaurant, they have "Chicken Guy".   This is a Guy Fieri place where they have some specialty chicken sandwiches.   It was not somewhere I would stop again, but I was pleased with the sandwich.   My sandwich had mac and cheese on it.   Magan's have BBQ sauce and slaw.   They also had some amazing Cheesesteak eggrolls...and if I went back, it would be for the eggrolls.   Magan and I also laughed about her trying to tell me that the sidekick on The Punisher show looked like Gene Wilder.   I did not agree, and told her she should look up his son...now that guy looks like Gene Wilder...hahaha.   






















No comments: