Sunday, August 3, 2008

HE IS FINALLY WALKING!!!

My baby Davis decided to let go and not only take one step but take 20 steps across our hotel room in Pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!!! As most of you know his walking has been a major source of concern for us lately. We even went to the DR. about it a few weeks back. He has an app. scheduled in a few weeks with a foot Dr. to make sure that he doesn't have something wrong with his feet. So, long story short, I am sure you can only imagine our reaction to that little boy walking clear across the room! It was like we had just won a million $ or something. He let go and stood there, then smiled the whole way to his dad's arms for a hug. He slowed down and wobbled a couple of times and he held his arms out straight in front of him, like he was holding a ball. The ladies at church are calling him Frankenbaby. :) It was the most beautiful sight :)


I am not positive about this, but it seems as though he was waiting for his big brother to be far and away. When he finally got the confidence to go for it, Sam was asleep up high in the bed where Davis couldn't see him. It was also adorable to see Sam's reaction to seeing his brother walk for the first time. He was squealing and laughing and calling for me and Scott to watch "Dabis walking"

Even though Sam runs over his little brother quite often, times like those help to remind us how much he loves him too.

This morning I couldn't stop laughing at Davis "running" or so he thought from Sam who was riding his tractor through the house. He would squeal and shake and I know in his mind he was running. I am soooo excited to see what lies ahead with these two brothers!! Another prayer answered, isn't our God Awesome!
Try not to listen to the crazy momma talking in the video, I was still pretty excited.

4 comments:

Rachel N. said...

Yeah for Davis!!!!!!!!I know you are so excited. He seems to have taken off. He didn't do like most and only take a step or two. He was ready to go!!

Cude said...

That's AWESOME guys! There'll be no slowing down now!

Cude said...

It's Leslie, I see Rod has already commented. I am so excited, I teared up watching the video. I know this has been an answered prayer. I love being able to keep up with you through your blog, especially being able to watch the videos!

Mommy Tracie said...

What a big boy! I know it does your heart good to see this day finally arrive. God is so good.