Saturday, February 14, 2009

DisneyWorld 2009 Day 2

Day 2
Hollywood Studios

This day began slightly warmer at 41 degrees F, but the shows did not work out for us. We began the day by visiting with Daisy Duck and Pluto, then going over to watch the Playhouse Disney show. I have to admit this show was pretty good, and all of the children loved it. Sam was smiling but trying to hide it, while Davis just bounced along with Tigger and danced every chance he got. Sam thought the confetti that fell from the ceiling was a souvenir so he collected it all and put it in his pocket.

It was right after this show that Sam found (Magan found it for him) his favorite souvenir…a Handy Manny bucket truck matchbox car. He loved it and wanted to hold the bag that is was in for the remainder of the day.

Our planning this day did not go well…We made it to the front of the Star Tours ride, only to have them tell us it was temporarily closed, then drifted all over the park trying to find some show that had no wait.

We did get to see the Power Rangers (Sylus loves them, so we tagged along)…but Sam and Davis had no idea who these people were, so we stood for a picture then went on.

I then took Sam on to ride the Tower of Terror. Up till this point, Sam was very trusting of his Dad and liked the rides OK, even though you could tell some had scared him. I did tell him that this one dropped and was scary, and he seemed happy to ride. Well I could tell he was a little scared…then we hit the pitch black dark…flash of light…and dropped about 5 stories. His little screams were very loud. And when the elevator rose 10 flights and the windows opened where I could see his little face…I felt so Bad. He was terrified. We have a picture and I will try and add when I get it scanned in. I spent the remainder of the ride (getting thrown up in the air over and over again) trying to calm Sam down. If you have ridden this before, you know that it is hard to determine when it is actually over…and at one point when I thought it was over I told sam OK that was the last time…then we were shot up once more to the top as Sam screamed for his Mom. I think in the end he did well, he just made it quite clear to me that he did not want to ride that ride again.

So back down Sunset Blvd to meet Magan and Marcia. And Davis looked very hot in his seat. I bent over to see if he was OK, and Blah….Puked everywhere down his outfit and onto his stroller. I was trying to remedy the situation by pulling Davis out of his seat to get his clothes off of him. Panicked as I was, I started trying to pull him out with his buckle still on…Then I tried to rip off the front of his stroller because I couldn’t get the cup holder attachment off…Finally out of his seat…Blah Puked again all over the road leading down to the Tower of Terror. I had baby duty, while Magan took stroller duty. I next had a naked crying baby I was trying to console, while realizing it was still about 55 degrees outside and he was cold. Magan found him an outfit, then I went on a trek through various stores trying to find some socks for his cold feet. Finally at the fourth store I reached, I found a bargain of two pairs of infants socks for $9. But Davis was happy to have his Mickey Mouse socks and we were back in business with a clean stroller (Thanks to Mom).

We then made our way back to the Backlot area and rode the new Toy Story ride that is very fun…although once again scaring Davis. I decided after the ride to carry Davis instead of putting him in the stroller…when I felt a warm moistness on his pants. Oh yes, he had wet his replacement outfit…So Mom improvised by rolling up a pair of Sam’s pants and Davis made it the rest of the way with those on.

Sam and Davis both loved the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. They both cackled as IJ fought the “mean” guys and knocked them off of the buildings.

They had a blast with Mike and Sully…loved meeting Buzz and Woody…and almost got lost in the Honey I shrunk the Kids play area.

All in All it was a difficult day, but the kids had fun.

No comments: