Monday, February 16, 2009

DisneyWorld 2009 Day 4


Day 4
Church and EPCOT

A more relaxed morning at last…we were able to sleep in a little this morning as services began at 10:30 am.
We were attending at the South Bumby church of Christ (www.bumby.org) where a close friend, Josh Creel, currently preaches. Services went well as they had Dee Bowman in for a gospel meeting. The kids did somewhat OK seeing as they were used to the Disney parks each morning at this time. For lunch we went to O’boys (BBQ) with Josh and his wife (expecting their first little one in a couple of months).

Then it was off to EPCOT. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the “Capri pants” Marcia had originally selected to wear that day, but fortunately for us, she decided to change.


We were not able to see much at EPCOT this day, because we arrived around 3:00 pm, and had dinner reservations near the Magic Kingdom (Ohana) at 7:00 pm. So we began the day by riding Spaceship Earth (Everyone except me, I had to go get fastpasses), and I found out later that they got to listen to the whole presentation in Spanish. So they were all a little upset. We then got to meet Pluto and Mickey at the “exclusive” Chase Visa holders area. This is actually a very good perk for having the card. You get to take your time with the characters and get a free 5X7 from one of the photopass pictures. Great!

We then walked thru the extremely long line for Nemo and after that enjoyed the Living Seas. Sam and Davis liked seeing all the fishes and I liked seeing the dolphin demonstration. Magan and Marcia just sat back and took some time to rest while we chased after the fish, turtles and sting rays. We then had a little Turtle Talk with Crush, and left back towards the front gate.

Here is where my plan did not work too well. I had fastpasses for Testtrack that I was very excited to ride with Sam. So I convinced everyone else to go ahead to our dinner reservation at 6:55pm, while I picked up our free 5X7 and then rode Testtrack with Sam. I handed over the Tour Guide duties to Magan and instructed her that it was the Luau dinner at the Polynesian Resort. Now an important thing I left out was that this was not THE Luau dinner, it was the Ohana restaurant which served food similar to a luau.

Sam and I made it onto the Testtrack around 6:45pm…Felt bad again because this ride was again over his age and scared him, although not nearly as bad as the Tower of Terror. So…6:50pm we start exiting EPCOT…Running…with Sam on my shoulders. Finally making it to the monorail, I am about to die because I cannot breathe, and I get a call on the Cell Phone from James “Hey we just walked about a mile out to this Luau Cove, and no one is here”…I replied “What…Did you look for Ohana?” OHANA…that was back at the Polynesian Resort 1 mile walk back…so the rest of the crew hiked back to Ohana which was basically 100 yards from the Monorail exit. And then Sam and I finally made it to meet them around 7:10pm.

Ohana was great food. Lots o meat for the Carnivores, but the view we had was not that spectacular and I had the carry the kids across the restaurant for a decent view of the magic kingdom fireworks. Everyone laughed and enjoyed the meal, and it was a late night but a great day.













1 comment:

Courtney said...

I've read all four days so far! It sounds like y'all had an eventful trip, but fun too!