Thursday, July 26, 2012

Quick Trip to ATLANTA

I had to work in Atlanta for a day during this week, so Magan decided to join me on the trip over and bring the kids.  Wait, no, that wasn't it.  I mentioned Atlanta, and she said "Im Going to IKEA".  So anyway, she dropped me off at work in ATL, then took the kids to IKEA.  There were smiles on their faces in these pictures, but I know they could have really been that happy.  That store is so bad, never never go in.  Anyway, I think she stayed in there for like 6 hours (makes me cry for our children). 


 







After IKEA, I met the family at our hotel which was right on Centenial Park downtown.  It was really nice, an Embassy Suites that made me remember being with my sweet newlywed wife in San Juan.  We went to a steak place around the corner where we got one of the worst steaks ever.  But with the kids bouncing and ready to go play in the olympic park, we just both ate some of my pork tenderloin I ordered, and nibbled on the kids plates.  :)  Oh well, did I mention the kids could not sit still and this place was also slow with their service. 



We finally made it to the olympic fountains, and got a chance to just sit back and watch the kids splashing around.  Sam was initially to shy to go out there, but just one mention that Belle needed some help out there, and he was off to help the sister.  Dave on the other hand...Hey, where did Dave go? ...Yeah, I think his goal was to hit every fountain in the whole place.  Hard to keep up with that boy. 




I had an Organic Chemistry teacher once tell me that his class was going to be like getting an enema with a fire hydrant...I think Dave will be prepared for that class (see above), maybe he'll do better than my C.  Belle tried to get away from those boys and make some girl friends.  Such a girly girl. 




And this was our seat.  Pretty nice area if you are ever in the area and the kids have suits on.  :)  Magan caught some funny pictures below showing a collection of what the boys brought on this trip...a little sample of what is important to them.  The scuba diver and blue are a must for Dave.  And Lotso is still with us always for Sam.  Belle found her a play room in the closet where it had a cool safe that she could press all sorts of fun buttons on. 

We even found a photographer to get me and mom together. 






And after waiting in a super big line for breakfast at the hotel (Found out that Aerosmith was in town), then waiting in an even longer line to get into the LEGO Discovery Center...We were in!  They began by showing us how LEGOS were made, then we got to get on a fun ride where you shot at some bad lego guys and save the princess (Think a miniature version combination of Toy Story Mania and Buzz Lightyear ride).  After the ride we found the Lego Miniature area.  Really neat.   They had a mini version of the fountains the kids had played in the day before, they had the georgia dome and Turner field, Stone Mountain, and a rock concert going on.  I also found a hundred dollar bill on the floor, then reaching for it, realized it was part of the floor, then realized someone was probably laughing at me on a video somewhere. 






Into the main area of the discovery center (Basically the top level of a high end mall in Buckhead), we found lots and lots of legos to play with.  Sam and Davis immediately wanted to start building cars to go down ramps.  Belle found the girly area and listened to some girls singing karaoke.  We watched a 4D lego movie, which was actually pretty good.  It began snowing (bubbles) in one scene, which the kids thought was great.  Not to scary like most of the Disney versions.  Belle was reaching out trying to touch all the legos, and when the bad guy starting reaching out for her, I was scared that she would no longer want any part of this movie, but that's when I saw that little hand become a fist, and heard her say "boom" as she tried to punch that monster.  We rode the "shooting" game a couple of more times. Then I got to ride basically a Lego merry go round with both of the boys.  This was really fun, felt kinda small with as many people that were in there, but I think everyone except for whoever had to watch Belle had fun.   :)  Kidding, she just was hard to keep up with on this day.  We left legoland and made it back to Chelsea for supper.  Fun quick trip. 











No comments: