Friday, February 13, 2015

Hodge Podge

So Ms. Lisa at church has some really fun Book Club parties, and one was at our house.  Sam's book club is reading the Narnia books.  Ms. Lisa is also starting a Magic Tree House book club with Davis, and he is very excited.  The teens came over to our house, and at one point decided they all wanted to drive around our neighborhood on one of the teens new 4X4s...after I explained that their parents would all beat me to death if I allowed this to happen, they resorted to play games in our garage.  









Ms. Lisa wrote Belle "Curley Top" a wonderful poem.


We met some old friends from Dothan.



The pictures of the kids all on the couch reminds me of a modern day parenting story.  I walked through the living room one morning and was happy to see the kids all happy and quiet...playing their tablets together, but at least all quiet.  Then while in the kitchen, I heard the high pitched screaming of both boys at Belle, and then sounds of fighting...I ran back in the living room expecting to see someone in a headlock, but instead saw three little ones spaced evenly apart on the couch.  "What is going on" I said.  Then Sam and Davis speaking over one another told me about how Belle was bothering them in their virtual minecraft world and tearing up a building they were helping one another build.  Not really having an idea at how to solve this issue, I tried to use the real world scenarios to tell them "Well, can't you just lock her out of your room".  "We can't she has the key to this world" was the reply...so defeated I just said "Belle, leave your brothers alone, and go play in another area of that world".  So weird...






Our cousin Leslie sent us some really cool pictures of destroyers that he helps build.  Sam and Dave have them pictures all over their rooms already.  






And Mr. Howard is one of those guys that is using himself up in serving God.  Wonderful man and leader in the family of God at Chelsea...and great to see him and Ruby smile as they "drove" around the foyer of the church building.


No comments: