Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Nashville (Day 2)

After yet another awesome breakfast at Bob Evans ("and then"), we traveled downtown to the Adventure Science Center.  We had some storms rolling in, so we didn't have a lot of time, but I think we had plenty of time. 
 
The Adventure Science Center has three main areas that the kids play in...they have a human body learning area, where the kids were able to slide down the "Colorectal slide" (seriously, that is their advertisement).  Ruby got a kick out of the poot noises at the bottom.  This human body area also has a body where the kids can play doctor, a laser gun where you can do battle of the germs against the ??anti-germs??...obviously I didn't listen, I just wanted to play the game.  The second area is a 7 story climbing zone that goes all the way to the roof for a good view of Nashville.  And the third area is a really neat space area with climbing walls and zero gravity moon walk where you can have harnesses crush your nether-regions while simulating weightlessness. 
 
The boys also got a special treat to ride the jet simulator, as I usually say no, but there were some magic vacation sprinkles that they were able to take advantage of.  Those guys flipped upside down more than any of the others we watched...and both were all smiles getting off of the ride.  I spent most of the time climbing around with Belle and Ruby, and even climbed through I think a cell wall...where there was various things dangling in the tube to simulate all the gunk in these areas.  Anyway, the highlight was the big blue slide on level 6 that went back down to level 4.  I put Ruby on my chest as we went down, and she giggled so much.  Worth the trip just to hear that sweet giggle...so of course we did this about 4 more times...until I was about pooped...lots of tiny stairs not made for 6 foot dads. 
 
But as the clouds were getting darker, we started heading back to Cullman to spend the night with Granny.  And Sam, I will try to get Mom to stop asking you if you need to go potty before we leave places (or at least in the public gift shops).  If she is still doing this when you are reading this many years from now, just let me know I will have to remind her again.  :)
 






















No comments: