Wednesday, December 28, 2016

New Orleans - Day 1 (Louisiana Children's Museum)

We usually take a little vacation during the holidays, and this year had planned for awhile to go back to Nashville, but after visiting New Orleans earlier in the year, I really wanted to take the kids down to see the WW2 museum.  So off we went on our 5.5 hour surprise vacation to Louisiana. 
 
Our first day began with a visit to the Louisiana Children's museum (LCM), and me almost hitting a new black truck and two old white pedestrians, but fortunately, both were unharmed as the horn from the black truck alerted the white old people that my van was coming through.  So, I am not the best in big city driving...oh well...wait...before we got to New Orleans, we had an even crazier close call.  Driving past a rest area on the INTERSTATE, and I was in the left lane, I notice that an SUV is in the left lane also...COMING STRAIGHT AT ME...Quickly moving out of the way, and honking my horn to alert him, we passed by safely.  I think I saw him turn around in my rear view mirror, but he most likely got to the interstate from the rest area and thought it was a two lane highway...He OBVIOUSLY did not get enough rest.
 
So back to the LCM, we found out quickly that the boys were way to big for this museum, but they were good sports and found the few things they could do and made them last awhile.  Belle told me she wanted me to write down that she liked the Dress Up Room and that she got to Pull up the Crocodiles. 
 
This trip was also where little Ruby started referring to us as Miss.  Miss Sam, Miss Anabelle, and yep, Miss Daddy.  "Miss Daddy, Miss Sam hit me".  I don't know if we ever heard Miss DayDay...but I know Magan was always mom...she never got the Miss title from Ruby.  And she is still using it, kinda cute and funny, don't know where it came from. 
 
As we left the LCM, we went over to the WW2 museum soda shop and had some ice cream.  We then ate an awesome supper at Zea's, and went to our hotel to crash.  So at our room checking in, we walked in to find garbage in the kitchen, then the sofa bed was already made, then an assortment of other clues in the bathroom that made us rethink this Marriot brand...but the front desk was nice and lowered our rate and placed us into another room.  Which was clean...almost...Magan gave it a pass, but just barely.  The hotel continued its run of bad experiences the next morning at the free breakfast...that had NO meat...and NO muffins...and NO oatmeal...they did have eggs and bread.  So for the first time ever at a free hotel breakfast, I had toast with butter.  It was actually pretty good.  The whole sliced bread thing might work. 

 



















No comments: