Saturday, March 11, 2017

Montgomery Marathon

My favorite part about the Montgomery Half-Marathon is seeing those little guys at the finish line! My little Belle had the biggest smile, and I just had to give her a little kiss. Magan said they had NO PROBLEM seeing me as I turned the corner towards the finish line...I like to jazz up the outfit. 2 hours and 4 minutes...9:28/mile pace...if you count such trivial things like that.


So I copy and pasted the top paragraph from Facebook, as I don't have a memory much anymore...but here are some highlights of the day.  As I was embarking on my grueling race, Magan did an awesome job once again of getting all of our crew downstairs to the breakfast buffet (No broken dishes this year) and then out to the race.  Below is what Sam eats after breakfast...this is his routine, the boy eats a normal breakfast, then a full plate of fruit.  The close up picture of my face after the race was the kids making fun of all the white powder all over me...so apparently when it is cold and windy, the salt coming out of me had time to dry and turn my face even whiter than it usually is...and new body glide was wonderful for race...but forgot the required bandaids...and suffered for it later. 


After the race we went to the first white house of the confederacy and had a really fun tour.  The historian at the place was very interesting, but was a one man shop...both welcoming the visitors and manning the store...which caused some delays...but we had a good time.  Ruby had not had a nap, so I am sure she got a spanking for something and that is the reason for her sad faces in the pictures.  And the other main thing I remember is stubborn Sam telling us that the flag outside was the confederate flag...and Magan and I told him it was not.  So he asked the historian what the flag was, and it turns out that it was the confederate flag, but NOT the battle flag typically considered the confederate flag.  Thinking that we finally convinced him, he looked at both me and Magan and said "See, I was right".  We finally hit the mellow mushroom for lunch with grand plans for more sightseeing...but after the pizza we had plans for the house and a nap.  So home we went...











No comments: