Saturday, March 14, 2020

The COVID-19 Quarantine Begins (March ATH)

So what went on last month during the first few weeks of quarantine...facebook went crazy with people trying to capture the funniest things.  Ruby and Belle play barbies almost every day at random places throughout the yard...The tent was used for a campout, and a barbie play house...Ruby played doctor trying to get some additional health care worker tax incentives...Ruby and Belle followed Mo Williams drawing instruction...Davis does crazy stuff everywhere he goes...walks around the neighborhood...oreo is the new baby doll...The soupy soup shop was open for business again...zoom meetings with school friends, church friends, and scouting friends...Social distance hugs with Linley...and Sam fixed my ladder with his 3D printer.  We are blessed with a job I can do from home, and each day has just been another fun surprise at different things we can do together.  There was an amazing game of spades, where Magan basically had a mental breakdown when Sam played a nil hand incorrectly as a partner.  There have been several learning games of Hearts.  Scrabble came out, and we all realized that it is very difficult to build if every word is only 3 letters.  And just a few random stories below:

The ladder story was pretty good, and worthy of more than the small statement above.  Sam noticed that my ladder was wobbling.  To me, that is not something I worry about, to him it was something that could be fixed.  So he took a piece that had not broken off the leg, measured it, and designed in his cad program a replacement to be printed.  And it worked...perfectly.  So again, I thanked Sam thinking that was pretty cool, I should be good now.  Then he looked at the other legs and said, "Well, these are worn too, I'll print 3 more, and it will be perfectly level".  And he did, and it now is...and I am very excited to see what that guy will do with the skills he has been blessed with.  

Belle stubbed her finger for the first time today..."Mom it's swelling, I can't see lines in my finger...IT LOOKS LIKE A HOTDOG".

Ruby was playing the game of "LIFE" with me during our game time, and started the game with a boy driver.  I told her she is a girl, she should have a pink person.  She explained to me that boys are the drivers.  A feminist just like her mama.  :)














































No comments: