Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Back to the Home Work

The first weeks of the quarantine was keeping us very busy, but then we slacked off for awhile.  Then Magan got the painting bug and we all saw the work start piling up...it began with many boxes from Amazon and Sams...then daily visits to Sherwin Williams...then ladders mysteriously showing up in our house.  And the next thing you know, we were back to work.  Magan took the tall job at the top of a 12 foot ladder doing all the trim work in the living room, foyer, and dining room.  The kids all helped out really well.  Sam was the lower side trimmer and Davis, Belle, and Ruby were the rollers.  Davis is like me on this stuff, they told me that he would often just disappear.  I was happy to have work on these days, but did start rolling as soon as I was done at 4.  We also hung all the new fixtures that Magan had been collecting...actually Carey Moore came over and hung them all while I tried to watch and learn...and learn I did, I actually replaced the last two fixtures in the bathroom when we found that the original ones Magan ordered were not what she wanted.  

So the work is not done yet, the bedroom is next, and I don't know when that will be started, but it will come soon.  Davis and Mom also painted our buffet that didn't do anything to anyone and had been with us for 20 years, part of the first big purchase Magan and I ever made together.  And while I am not a big fan of cat pictures, my family (MAGAN!) is, so included are some pics of the cat helping with the work.  Ha...I also remember Ruby having paint on her head for like a full week after this work...she just couldn't see it to clean it I guess.  

What was the worst thing?  Anabelle/Ruby:  Having to clean all the drops off the floor.  Davis:  Having to paint...ALL DAY.  Dad:  A SECOND COAT! WHAT, I can't see any bad spots.  







No comments: