Sunday, May 31, 2020

The Quarantine Circle Widens

So what went on this month...Quarantine hair cuts...Magan makes homemade strawberry jam...Mother's Day presents...Sam fit Ruby's bike on his for the ride home from straight road...lots of hammock sleeping this month...Ruby can tie her shoes...last day of school...Marcia is as crazy playing the Occulus as Magan...Davis hanging out with Uncle Colby...frisbee golfing...Dad pees his pants waiting for Kona Ice...Ruby holds the widow's mite...Belle finds a cabbage patch diaper monster...Ruby loves Goat Lords...and Ruby loves winning the golden ticket for the "Train Game"...

Ruby is writing in her journal most days, and one morning it was just me and her up before everyone else, and I asked her if she wanted to complete her journal for the day.  She said, "Yes, I know what to write".  She left with her journal and came back with it shortly afterwards.  "So what did you write?" I asked as she came back with a big smile.  Showing it to me, it read "I want some food".  HaHa...so I took a break from work to make us some breakfast.  

Another Ruby/Food story...The other night as we were watching Back to the Future III, Ruby leaned over to me and asked "Have you really seen all of these movies".  I told her Yes, I have...several times as a kid.  "So you can go get me a taco please".  

And a Ruby bible period story...She told us in her lesson the other day that she had mad a puppet show and noticed that she took good care of her puppets.  It was at this point that we all thought we knew where she was going, but it got really confusing, because she shared with us that "We are like God".  OK, so we take care of you like God takes care of you...."No No" she said frustrated "You are like God".  We told her we don't quite understand, which made her even more frustrated.   Magan was still trying to get it figured out when she asked Ruby...so who are you in the story?  Ruby got a big smile and replied "Jesus".  I don't know what was going on in that lesson, I am sure it had a message somewhere, I just didn't get it.  





































































No comments: