Thursday, July 2, 2020

Frisbee Golfing in the Heat

It has gotten hotter, but it has not kept us away from the Frisbee golf.  Altho during our first family visit to Veterans Park, it was very hot, and the girls starting complaining on about hole 5, which works very well for my patience.  But they ended up finding every bit of shade to sit and lounge in, then found they could skip the last three holes by stopping at the van...so I think we will wait until later in the fall to bring them back here.  It is very wide open and not a lot of shade.  Also we were planning to eat a picnic lunch here afterwards and due to the Protests in the park and a line of 4 police vehicles next to our van as we finished up our Frisbee golf, we decided to try somewhere else.  We ended up having Bertelones for lunch, which has now become our favorite Italian. 
 
With Ruby on my back I almost hit that shot below.  There was one day at Inverness where Davis is showing thumbs down...we hit every tree there, and there are a lot.  Ugly day.  This also includes our first 36 hole day...Davis and the girls were all at a birthday party, so Sam and I drove down and played the Veterans course, then the Montevallo course.  Sam will remember that my putting was unreal on this day, I rarely missed shooting a 58 at Veterans and a 56 at Montevallo, with 4 hole in twos.  Sam and Davis both have me beat on the drive, but I am sticking with them on the 2nd and 3rd shot.  Sam is going to get our first hole in one some day...he had one that was perfect at Montevallo, but hit one little tree knocking it off course.  
 










No comments: