Saturday, August 8, 2020

2020 Church Mentor Games

And yet another program somewhat derailed by COVID, we were finally able to have our end of the year Mentor Games.  This program has been an excellent way to "BRIDGE THE GAP" between our older members and the youth of our congregation.  Our mentor games combined biblical knowledge with physical feats of basketball, darts, and cornhole.  And our winner was none other than Davis Junkin and his mentor Scott Vinsant.  Scott helped out a lot with a bullseye in darts.  I grilled some hot dogs with conecuh sausage, and I think all had a great time.  Sam's mentor was not able to be their on this day, but him and Casey Sams won for best non-mentor team.  And the bowling pin that I was hoping to get out of my garage went to the 2020 winner...so I guess it will now stay in Davis' room for another year.  And all of the winners continued the yearly tradition of singing "We are the Champions" on the kazoo.  





















No comments: