Saturday, October 31, 2020

Chelsea Church Trunk or Treat

So did I mention in any of these blogs that Magan has had Halloween decorations up since Labor Day.  Probably I have, but here goes the ultimate pinnacle to all of her planning, the Trunk or Treats.  And this year, I thought I would be unable to attend, but due to a one week delay due to storms, we ended up having it on Halloween night.  Magan had just brought a new costume she had found at some store, and Ruby stopped being Coraline, for an immediate change into Mary Poppins for this trunk or treat.  Magan liked her Malificent horns, even though she had to raise the sunroof just to drive.  I was dressed as her bird/raven (it has a name, but I don't know it), and Belle was one of the three fairies (I think she was merryweather).  Davis was dressed up as a character from the Percy Jackson series with Savannah.  And Sam skipped out on us all together to go hang out with Palmer and pass out candy in their neighborhood.  

It was a wonderful time, and I was so proud of the three fairies (Belle, Sarah Beth, and Linley) that worked for many weeks to decorate the trunk of our van as a sleeping beauty theme.  I loved Brandon Rawl's Gru outfit, and it fits his personality well.  We had a great turnout, and in the end we awarded the Golden Pumpkin to the Pirate Treasure trunk...which made the girls a little sad, but they all recognized that the pirate treasure trunk was also pretty cool.  Davis won the prize for guessing the number of candy corns closest.  After the trunk or treat, magan took the kids over to the Rawls neighborhood to ride around and trick or treat...I just went and picked up Sam.  Always a fun time, and then came the candy trading...taking up our whole living room for one night.  

No comments: