Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Adventure with the Sartins

Wow, James said he would trade places with me, but looks like he took a bunch of gals to the right place for some fun.  James had a meeting at a ranch south of Montgomery, so Marcia invited Magan and the girls to join them on this adventure.   I met them at the Shell station in Alabaster where it was so much fun to watch Marcia's face as Magan and the girls pulled out bag after bag to get into the Sartin's car for this 2 night trip.  I can't believe it all fit into the car, as they also had James, Marcia, Stella, Addy and Noelle.   Then I asked Magan if she wanted to tell Marcia or me about the giant bag of snacks Magan had also for the trip.  Yep, James found a spot for it as well.  

So I was not there, but I have the pictures, so it appears a visit to Peach Park happened, as should always happen when driving to Montgomery.  They had a huge 4 bedroom trailer, which I think was named "Redneck Riviera" on the ranch website.  I know from the videos I saw that Ruby was ok in the canoes but Anabelle kept saying "I am going to die!".   I heard that the slides were really good, but you had to have the right material to go fast.   I also was told Magan tried to step on the slide, then realized that was slippery, and ended up in the splits with a large bruise at the end of that trip down.  They went to some cleverly named restaurant near Prattville, but not clever enough, as I can't think of it now.  Maybe it was "I don't know, but How bout Here".   The name was something like a response to the question, Where do you want to eat?

Back to the trading places suggestion...nope, I was good at home with the boys.   Where Davis cooked us 3 lbs of hamburgers and we watched "The Godfather" and "The Godfather II" on consecutive nights. Which I think brought us closer as guys...closer like Corleones.  And I am sure you agree, and if you don't, I can make you an offer...


























No comments: