Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Anastasia

This was one of Anabelle's favorites, probably because of the large portion of the show in Paris.   But I got all the girls and myself tickets to see this show as a surprise.   What I did not think about was that the show started at 7:30PM on a school night, and we all know how Ruby has to have her sleep.  

The girls all looked beautiful dressing up for this event.  I took them our to a fancy Mediterranean restaurant called  Tazikis for dinner prior to the show, and we each had our own feast there.  I was excited to see this show, as I have no memories whatsoever of this movie or story.   The story was really good, the music was really good.  "Once upon a December" was an amazing main song, rather haunting, but very good.  

Seats for 4 on a budget put us in the back of the concert hall, but we had a direct center view.   The first Act was all in Russia, which was somewhat sad and slow.   Looking over I saw Belle engaged, but Ruby and Magan were fading fast.   At the break, I went up to the balcony and noticed that it was completely empty.   And the wings of the balcony are very close, actually almost into the back of the Orchestra section.   So I convinced our crew to move to these seats, and our view was much better for actually seeing the actors...but Anabelle was not happy with me because the side view blocked her scenes of the Eifel Tower in Paris.   Oh well, they will get over it, it was a much better view, and Act 2 in Paris was awesome.   I looked over and saw Belle with a big grin, Magan smiling, and well, Ruby was still fighting to stay awake.   

Magan apparently found some stock images below, but Anastasia's bow in the red dress was from our second seat and definately seats I will be looking for next time to save some money, but still get an amazing view.   The girls both got Anastasia keychains, and Magan got a magnet.   A really fun night...and yes, Ruby was asleep almost as soon as we left the parking lot.  





















No comments: