Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Hadestown - Our Night out at the Broadway Show

So what is Hadestown?   I did not really know, but it included a mythological story and what I read was some really cool music.  So when I saw the tickets were relatively cheap, and that we did not have anything going on that week, I decided to surprise Belle and Magan with some tickets to the broadway show.   And looking at the ticketmaster ticket seat availability, I could see that NO tickets in the entire balcony almost had been sold.   So we might could move up to the wings, which in my opinion are some of the best seats in the house.  So I bought some tickets and watched for about a week to see if there were any changes, and there were none, so our Tuesday night at the BJCC was finally here.

We had to rush to the show because we had some things to do that afternoon, and got a late start.   I took the girls out fancy to Arbys.   They were both dressed up beautiful, and while Arby's is not the best, it is pretty good for this crew.   There was very little traffic downtown, and when we got to midtown, I bypassed the parking garage thinking I saw some good parking on the street in front of uptown.   And I was surprised again by an open parking spot closer than we would have been in the garage...and it was free.   

The girls and I got out smiling, but we were surprised how easy it was to get parking, and we started on our way to the concert hall.   Then we saw the sign to Hadestown over the walkover, and it was here that I saw something that stopped me dead in my tracks.   I think Magan saw it first on my face, then Belle understood quickly when I pulled out my phone, and after a quick verification of my tickets...I pointed them up to the sign on the walkover...March 19-24, 2024.   It was at this point also that we realized there were NO other people at all going to the concert hall, even a lightly sold crowd still has many people.   And even 30 minutes to showtime, there should be at least a few other people scrambling to the show...but no we were the only ones, because I had brought them to the BJCC on the wrong day of the wrong month.   

But then I figured out what had happened...I must have been confused because February has 28 days, and since the show was on March 19th, I just got it confused for February 19th.   After sharing this with them, Belle quickly said, "Dad, it is February 20th".   Then Magan looked at me with a "you are crazy look" and said "Yeah, February 19th was Davis birthday that we celebrated last night".   Oh, yeah, there is something twilight zone apparently in February 19th for my brain.   I can't keep it straight, and this time, I got everything completely wrong.  Oh well, we ended our disappointing night with a trip to Sweet Frogs, as I tried to at least provide a little treat to my beautiful girls that had dressed up to see me mess up.   Oh well, as I am writing this, the date is almost here...Next Tuesday we will do it all again, and perhaps this time, actually get to watch the show.   







No comments: