Monday, March 2, 2009

Disneyworld 2009 Day 5

Day 5
EPCOT

Little late getting out of the gate this morning…but off to EPCOT. I slowly picked up fastpasses as we toured futureworld getting tickets for Mission Space/Test Track/ and Soarin. We began the day again riding Spaceship Earth, this time in English,…wait…I did not ride again this time because Sam and Davis were scared of this ride as well. Oh well…we went to the exit of this ride where we played a game helping us learn to recycle. Yeah!! Anyone Sam and Davis each got to run around on a floor pushing electronic “discs” around. They loved it! We played twice before the crew were finished with the ride.

We then ran off to ride Figment in the Journey into the Imagination…which surprisingly had a very scary scene that scared both Sam, Davis, and me. Well it was just a very loud noise that was really not needed at all. Then we went into the Honey I shrunk the Audience 3D show. Again I am finding out that many of these shows are kind of scary for a 2 and 3 year old. Davis was OK, because he doesn’t wear the glasses, but Sam does wear the glasses and when the giant snake opens its mouth and tries to eat the audience, this is not very fun for Sam…so at this point I am feeling bad for my little friend and just cover his eyes anytime I think something scary is coming.

And on to the Land…Marsha and James rode Soarin with Addy and Sylus…All loving the ride. By this time we did not think Sam would ride…So we told him that this ride was scary and that Mom and Dad would ride it by themselves. He was very adamant that he wanted to ride and it was not scary…so off we go not really knowing what to expect from Sam. We had fastpasses, but this is still a long wait. And we finally make it to the official boarding the next ride and Sam says “I gotta go poopoo right now”. GREAT! So I take Sam back the quarter mile to the front of Soarin where there is a bathroom. A quick poop and back to the front of the line where Magan has been waiting. Magan in the meanwhile has gotten us first class seats on the ride (which is top row center if you ever want to request this). So we finally get to go onto the ride and Sam sees the seatbelts and I guess recognizes this is a little bit more than a Winnie the Pooh ride, then tells me “I don’t want to ride”. So…Magan rides while I wait with Sam at the exit. Then I get to ride while Magan goes off to find everyone else with Sam.

The girls then went off to Norway to have lunch with the Princesses, while James and I managed Lunch with the Boys in The Land. Sylus was a big help in getting all of the food for us, and after a rather difficult lunch, we rode a short boat ride showing us how Disney makes some of it’s fruits and vegetables. While what they are doing is supposed to be state of the art type stuff, it’s funny that I don’t remember any changes on this ride over the last 10 years. Oh well…still a very interesting ride and a must see if you ask me.

And the boys and I were finally off for what Sylus had wanted to do all day…push the Garbage truck around and learn how exciting recycling can be at INOVATIONS West. Magan and the girls made it back to join us, and we let them take the little ones over to China, while the others Sam, Sylus, Addy, me and James went to recycle. Waste Management has a big set-up that let the kids push a small garbage truck around and see ways in which we should recycle.

Then we began our trip around the World Showcase portion of EPCOT. Sam loved the Donald Duck boat ride in Mexico and we ended up riding twice. We then rode the Maelstrom in Norway…again scaring Davis in the small plummet it has. We then went to China where Sam decided to take a nap, so I held him while the others watched the acrobat show.

We then enjoyed Germany…bought lots of Milka and other goodies. Then made our way around past the US, then on to Japan where Marcia and Addy would spend a good portion of the time trying to get a pearl. I remember Marcia telling Addy how she could treasure this pearl and one day give it to her little girl. (Less than a week later, and Addy had already lost it).

Magan and I then took Addy to see Jasmine and it was so cute how Excited she was to see her. I was caught in a slip of the tongue as Addy was running up to Jasmine when it was not her turn, I called out to her “Jasmine, Jasmine…” then realized my mistake and called “Addy”. Well the photopass photographer calls me out on this slip saying “Well…we know what you were thinking about”, leaving Magan a little tiffed at me. I just wanted to mention I felt that was a little un-Disney-like to call someone out like that.

And back to the World…it was getting dark…so we found a McDonalds booth, and had French fries and McNuggets for Dinner. Then back to the Mousegear store to try and spend all our money before leaving. We each took turns riding the Test Track while shopping and then watched the fireworks before leaving. Which did not take to long…the first BOOM, and Davis looked up at me and said “Ready to go, Dad, Ready to go”. So once he started crying as the BOOMS echoed through the air…we decided we better head out. So another day over…

No comments: